Platform Drilling and Well Engineering Solutions
To provide quality assured and safe drilling and completions services for 49 wells.
Oil and Gas Operator
Why we were contracted
The client lacked the internal capabilities to conduct this type of work internally and required this support to be outsourced to optimize expenditure and reduce risk.
By contracting in external experienced drilling and well engineering specialists, the client benefited from:
- Established processes and procedures created by subject matter experts
- Guaranteed quality of delivery facilitated by the contractual requirements outlined in the scope of services
- Compliance with legislation and regulations, assured by industry experts
What we did
- Management of the intervention preparation in accordance with assurance plan processes
- Integrated activity planning
- Preparation of well specific guidelines and well programs
- Logistics management
- Verification and compliance management of third-party equipment intervention package
- Assessment and implementation of new technology for production enhancement and process safety improvement
- Equipment qualification and verification
- Site Acceptance Testing and Factory Acceptance Testing
- Wellsite management
- Management of barrier standards, including specification of pre-qualification, installation, and verification steps
- Process safety leadership coaching
- End of well close out management, including reporting, after action reviews, NCRs, and inventory management
- Equipment management optimization studies (reliability, platform logistics and perimetry systems)
- Any other non-routine well service activities
The value we delivered
Completed a 30-day readiness window before each well intervention activity to allow for a proactive review of the activity and subsequent adjustments to be made ahead of time.
Through the application of best-practice procedures gained through decades of experience and expertise, Add Energy’s engineers identified and implemented improvements opportunities into future intervention plans.
Through the completion of back-to-back multi-intervention campaigns, Add Energy were instrumental in assuring the well remained productive and fully optimized.
Assist in supplying cross trained resources outside of the scope of contract, including “light weight Intervention vessel” well services support, drilling units work and well kill package logistics and QA.
Reduced MTBF for insert safety valves following the introduction of new technology and equipment management strategies.
Reviewed all relevant well data from 49 wells to determine trends in failure modes and provided recommendations for additional well data gathering during intervention campaigns.
On Time, On Budget – Corroborated by the Client
Our engineers delivered the scopes of work on schedule and stayed within budget, which resulted in a recognition award from the client: “D&C Team of the Quarter for Q1 2019”.
Get in touch
If you'd like to learn more about our range of drilling and well services, or want to discuss your project with us, please get in touch by completing the form below...