Rong Doi Moi Gas Development Feasibility Study
Why we were contracted
Add Energy provided drilling and completions input to a study group led by Upstream Advisors (London, UK). The client had previously developed the Rong Doi offshore gas field in Vietnam using an integrated production platform and engaged the study group to investigate various options for development of the adjacent Rong Doi Moi gas prospect.
What we did
The study investigated several options for development of the Rong Doi Moi prospect using relatively simple subsea wells and also development by drilling of complex ERD wells from the existing platform with several well paths considered due to the presence of a potentially troublesome fault between the platform and the target prospect.
The study group produced a comprehensive report with field architectures, relative costing, risk evaluations and recommendations for future work using an in‐house developed model for scenario based drilling time and cost estimates as well as landmark software for casing design and directional well planning.
Add Energy's work scope including the following main activities:
- A detailed offset well review
- Drilling and Completions design for both subsea and platform ERD development wells
- Drilling risk analysis
- Probabilistic well time and cost estimates, considering the relative technical risks associated with each option studied
- Development of well intervention cost estimates
- Identification of well related risks and mitigation measures
- Identification of drilling rig minimum technical specifications for each case considered
- Recommendation of scope of work for further studies
- Input to the project master schedule
Get in touch
If you'd like to learn more about our range of drilling and well services, or want to discuss your project with us, please get in touch by completing the form below...