Shwe & Shwe Phyu Gas Development Feasibility Study
The client’s challenges
The client had discovered significant gas resources in moderate water depths (90 – 400m) offshore Myanmar and wanted to evaluate a range of development scenarios from a commercial, feasibility and schedule standpoint with a view to selecting a development concept to take forward to the FEED stage.
What we did
Add Energy provided all drilling input to a study group led by Genesis Oil & Gas (London, UK) and was subsequently contacted by the client to assist with further appraisal drilling, planning and execution of the subsea development wells and planning and execution of the platform wells.
The study group produced a comprehensive evaluation and recommendation that was adopted by the client using an in‐house developed model for scenario based drilling time and cost estimates as well as an in‐house developed model for estimation of optimum placement of wellhead platforms and subsea templates.
The selected development concept included:
- An integrated drilling and production platform
- Additional subsea wells
- A subsea export pipeline to an onshore facility and an onshore pipeline from there to Western China.
Add Energy’s work scope including the following main activities:
- A detailed offset well review
- High level designs for platform and subsea development wells, including material recommendations
- Well time and cost estimates, incorporating seasonal (weather related) and technical contingency factors
- Evaluation of optimum placement of wellhead platform(s) and subsea wells/clusters. A particular challenge in this field was a water depth that was right on the limit of large jack‐up access and reservoir(s) that covered a relative large area requiring extended reach drilling with most wells having to be drilled in a direction that was suboptimal in relation to the earth stress regime
- Evaluating ERD opportunities and constraints, including benchmarking of world‐wide ERD experience
- Identification of well related risks and mitigation measures
- Time and cost estimates for drilling and completions and also life of field well intervention
- Input to the project master schedule
Get in touch
If you'd like to learn more about our range of drilling and well services, or want to discuss your project with us, please get in touch by completing the form below...