Efficiently build accurate and manufacturer verified equipment and maintenance BoMs
Save money, reduce risk and unlock inventory management efficiencies
OptiBoM™ is a comprehensive library of bill of materials (BoMs) data, offering direct access to the critical equipment data you need to order the correct spare parts.
How OptiBoM™ can help:
Reduce equipment downtime
Assure you have the data you need to order the correct part in a timely manner to reduce outage time
Rationalize maintenance expenditure
Assure you have access to the correct spare parts to execute the maintenance task or replacement requirement efficiently
Eliminate time and money wastage
Have access to accurate and reliable data to avoid wasting time searching for the parts you need or wasting money purchasing the wrong parts
Remove capital tied up in unnecessary stock
Gain clarity on the spare parts you require and how many you need to avoid tying capital up in surplus stock
Challenges you may face
- We do not have the time available to verify and assign BoM data to our equipment
- We waste money purchasing the wrong spares
- We don’t know the part specifications for equipment that have been upgraded and changed out
- Spare parts are being sourced through “free text” requests, resulting in the wrong parts being ordered
- Our inventory costs are extremely high, and we have no way of understanding how to rationalize them
- No understanding of equipment that is obsolete, or foresight on upcoming obsolescence
- Poor base data in the asset register, including missing or inaccurate make, model, and manufacturer information
- The asset register does not reflect reality, we have limited visibility of equipment on the asset and therefore the spares required
- Spare parts in the CMMS have not been verified as “correct” with the manufacturers
- We have no visibility on what is in stock vs what we need to stock
Value we can deliver
- Hassle-free BoM data enrichment and development
- OEM BoM data validation and verification, including replacements for obsolescence
- A FREE BoM data enrichment business case calculator to communicate the costs associated with missing BoMs and the projected ROI of a BoM data improvement project
- A pay per line service where BoMs that exist in our library and are generated into CMMS load files, providing a cost-effective and time-efficient solution to BoM data enrichment
- Min/max stock level setting recommendations
- Advice on how to rationalize your materials inventory
- Identification on cost saving opportunities through identification of interchangeability options to optimize spares holding
- Saved $74M on supply chain and maintenance costs through BoM data enrichment
- Identified over $19M worth of unnecessary stock through an initial BoM data review
- Provided the means to rationalize the spares inventory by 37% through BoM data enrichment
Watch how OptiBoM™ can help you
How we deliver BoM data excellence
BoM data mapping
Utilizing our established relationships with manufacturers and vendors, manual sourcing through OptiBoM™ provides a cost-effective and time efficient solution to obtaining spare part data that is critical for ensuring the correct spare is ordered.
This solution enables BoM data to be instantly populated, enabling efficiencies and gains to be unlocked quicker.
Add Energy led
Where BoMs cannot be directly mapped from OptiBoM™, Add Energy’s team of engineers and materials specialists can source and verify BoM data on our client’s behalf.
Utilizing our expert relationships with manufacturers and vendors, manual sourcing through OptiBoM™ provides a cost-effective and time efficient solution to obtaining spare part data that is critical for ensuring the correct spare is ordered.
“By having up to date and accurate maintenance BoMs, the maintenance team can efficiently identify the right spare parts, with the correct specifications to execute the maintenance tasks. This has helped reduce equipment outage time, backlog, and expenditure associated with part sourcing.”
Maintenance Manager, Energy Producer
BoM Data Impact Assessment
To identify the cost impact associated with missing Bill of Materials (BoMs) data
BoM Data Verification, Enrichment and Obsolescence Study
To enrich the asset’s Bill of Materials (BoM) data for optimized spare part sourcing and materials management.
Physical Asset Verification, CMMS Data Enrichment, Maintenance Improvement and Development of Bill of Materials (BoMs)
A case study with the project goal to enrich and cleanse the CMMS data to allow for more effective and efficient maintenance and integrity management of the equipment on the assets.
Inventory Management Optimization
A case study with the project goal to save time, optimize expenditure and reduce equipment outage time through enhancement of inventory management data.
Saving $74M over 5 years through inventory data enrichment
A case study with the project goal to validate, enrich and build equipment Bill of Materials (BoMs) in line with the company’s data standards to assure the maintenance, supply chain and materials team had access to the correct data, to order the correct parts, efficiently and effectively for planned maintenance and common corrective maintenance work orders.
Unlocking business efficiencies through inventory data enrichment
Add Energy’s materials management team were tasked with enhancing and standardizing material masters and enriching existing Bill of Materials (BoM) data within the clients CMMS and creating new BoMs for critical equipment.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST IN OPTIBOM™
By registering your interest, you can:
- Speak to one of our experts to learn more about how we can enrich your BoM data and develop maintenance BoMs on your behalf
- Receive ongoing insights and advice around inventory management optimization initiatives
- Request a demo of OptiBoM™